Ladies and Gents, the DOM.Let’s take a closer look at the DOM.
Document Object Model
- DOM is the DNA of a web page. Changes made to it are reflected in the browser just as changes to a person’s DNA is reflected tangibly in the person.
Browsers use HTML to create DOM which is used to display structured and styled content.
- Available inside Chrome through two variables:
- window + document
- window is where everything is...we see nothing w/o it
- it is important not to alter this too much because it is the container that houses operating system information
- document is the object we will use to interact with the DOM
DOM NodesRepresent all components that make up a web page
Inner Node / Child NodeNested string or something similar
Outer Node / Parent NodeHas a start/end tags
Self-Closing ElementsOnly have a start tag
Thanks for stopping by 🙃️, BYE!